NMR Core Facility
Based on major funding by Wallenberg and Kempe, the NMR platform provides access to instruments currently ranging from 360-850 MHz. These instruments cover all major NMR techniques (solution, solid-state, diffusion and imaging). The platform provides service and access to all KBC and Campus groups, as well as training in state-of-the-art NMR methodology. In addition, it has an open-access policy for academic/industrial partners at a national/international level. The NMR platform is also part of the Wallenberg-funded initiative NMR for life together with the NMR centre at Gothenburg.
Connected to this facility is an internationally well recognized, highly collaborative NMR community at UmU (ca. 15 groups) who cover a wide scope of basic and applied research including:
- materials- and environmental sciences
- NMR methods development
- post-genomic derived systems in plants (green factory)
- biological processes in human health and disease
- Membrane lipids and proteins
- Protein-ligand screening
- Protein dynamics and folding
- Bioactive RNA/DNA complexes
- Plant cell wall structure
The platform acts as a core facility for several major research projects (Berzelius Centre, Umeå Centre for Microbial Research, Wallenberg: Molecules for the Future and Bio4energy).